MASSO comes with Wi-Fi hardware and software to easily connect your MASSO controller to a Wi-Fi network.
With the windows based MASSO Link software you can easily view real-time status of your MASSO controller remotely, transfer gcode files to MASSO from your PC, get tool data from MASSO's memory and generate tools list document to be used with CAM software.
INFORMATION: WiFi support forum https://www.masso.com.au/forums/topic/wifi-connectivity/
Installing the Wi-Fi module
The WiFi modules is required to be plugged in to MASSO's Wi-Fi connector before being able to use the WiFi functionality. The antenna cable and antenna must also be installed.
- Switch off the MASSO and remove the main label cover and slide out the label panel towards the left side.
- After installing the WiFi module the label panel can be installed back and MASSO powered up.
CAUTION: Make sure to install the WiFi module in the correct direction as shown in the below photo.
Connecting to WiFi network
INFORMATION: MASSO Wi-Fi module supports 2.4GHz frequency (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n).
In the F2 - Program & MDI screen, click the Wi-Fi icontowards the bottom right of the screen.
Enter the name (SSID) and security key of the Wi-Fi network that you would like to connect to. If you would like to use dynamic IP as provided by your Wi-Fi network then leave the Fixed IP Address un-ticked and click the Connect button. Once connected the IP address provided by your Wi-Fi network is displayed.
INFORMATION: It's a good idea to use the Fixed IP Address option as every time you connect to your Wi-Fi network, the IP address might be changed by the router. As the IP address is required by MASSO Link software, the new IP address needs to be updated on the PC to be able to connect to the MASSO. Using the Fixed IP Address solves this issue.
INFORMATION: The maximum length of SSID is 30 characters and 60 characters for security key.
Running "MASSO Link" software on PC
INFORMATION: Masso link software uses UDP port 65535.
- Latest version 1.6 of MASSO Link software can be download from this link: CLICK HERE
- The MASSO Link software is designed to work on Windows.
- Download the ZIP file of the latest version of the MASSO Link software and extract all the files in a folder.
- Next double click MASSO Link icon to start the software.
- Now enter the IP address that is displayed in the MASSO Wi-Fi Settings window and click the Connect button.
Creating your own Wi-Fi network
If a Wi-Fi network is not available, MASSO can be used to create a Wi-Fi network and a PC can be connected direclty to MASSO via this Wi-Fi network. This feature is called My MASSO Network.
Tick the Make "My MASSO Network", enter a network name (SSID) that you would like to call this network and enter the security key. Click the Enable button.
At this stage the Wi-Fi network will show up on your PC in the Wi-Fi networks list and you can connect to this network and use the MASSO Link software.
INFORMATION: The security key must be between 8 to 32 characters long.
Transferring gcode files to MASSO
INFORMATION: Please note that a USB Flash drive needs to be connected to MASSO to store these files.
- Once connected, gcode files with .txt, .nc, .cnc, .tap, .eia extensions can be dragged and dropped on to the MASSO Link software window.
- A folder name can be give and all the files sent to MASSO will be saved on the USB pen drive in this folder, else keeping this blank will save the files on the root folder of the USB pen drive.
- Click Send File to send the file to MASSO.