The 4 bit output type turret outputs the turret tool position in a 4 bit binary output as below:
- Tool 0 signal - Binary 0001
- Tool 1 signal - Binary 0010
- Tool 2 signal - Binary 0011
- Tool 3 signal - Binary 0100
- and so on...
Setting up the tool changer
- Go to F1-Setup screen and open Tool Changer window.
- From the list select Press enter to open Tool Changer list and select the 4 Bit digital Signal Output Turret from the list.
Tool changer logic
On a tool change request, MASSO will make the Tool Changer - Output 1 HIGH to turn the tool changer head clockwise till the desired tool has been loaded in position. Once the tool is in position the Tool Changer - Output 1 becomes LOW and Tool Changer - Output 2 goes HIGH to turn the tool changer head counterclockwise for 400ms to lock the tool in position.
Wire the Bit 1, Bit 2, Bit 3 & Bit 4 signals to any free inputs on MASSO and in the INPUTS list assign them to Tool Changer - Input 1 to Tool Changer - Input 4.
Wire the turrets control electronics CW and CCW signals on any free outputs on MASSO and in the OUTPUTS list assign them to the CW signal to Tool Changer - Output 1 and CCW signal to Tool Changer - Output 2.