INFORMATION: This tool changer logic is designed as per Pragati tool turret requirements which is also used in other brands of tool turrets, please see the PDF document for details.
Setting up the tool changer
- Go to F1-Setup screen and open Tool Changer window.
- From the list select Press enter to open Tool Changer list and select the the Pragati BTP-63, 80, 100,125 - 8 Tool Turret from the list.
Tool changer logic
After all the axis of the machine have been homed as per the homing sequence the tool changer logic will read the encoder data from Turret to get the current tool in position.
If a valid tool number is received then the current tool number is updated on the controller else an ERROR message is displayed on the screen telling the user that the signals from Turret were not correct.
CAUTION: As MASSO tool numbers start from Tool No. 0, when a command is given to load Tool No. 0, on the Pragati Turret Tool No. 1 is loaded. When tool load command is given for Tool No. 7, on the Pragati Turret Tool No. 8 is loaded.
Wire the sensor inputs and assign to MASSO as below:
- Tool Changer - Input 1 for BIT-1
- Tool Changer - Input 2 for BIT-2
- Tool Changer - Input 3 for BIT-3
- Tool Changer - Input 4 for BIT-4
- Tool Changer - Input 5 for PARITY
- Tool Changer - Input 6 for STROBE
- Tool Changer - Input 7 for CLAMP
- Tool Changer - Input 8 for THERMAL ALARM
- Tool Changer - Output 1 for CW rotate
- Tool Changer - Output 2 for CCW rotate