This command is used on Lathe machines for running threading cycle synchronised with the spindle.
INFORMATION: Taper threading is not supported.
Syntax & Parameters
- Z Value (required) - specifies the end location of the Z axis for threading. The distance value will be the current machine units in use.
- F Value (required) - this is the thread pitch value. The distance value will be the current machine units in use.
N10 G21 N20 G00 Z0 N30 G32 Z-10 F1.5
- In the above program the first line sets the machine units to millimetres.
- The second line command moved the Z axis to work 0.00 millimetres.
- The third line starts the threading cycle to thread to Z -10 millimetres location while threading at 1.5 millimetre pitch.
INFORMATION: Units are defined as either inches or mm depending on your machines setup or G20 or G21 command in use.