The Door sensor input is used to detect the opening and closing of an enclosure door which is used to protect the operator from debris and contain coolant.
When the Sensor detects the door has been opened the Spindle & Coolant will turn off and Motion will cease.
The method used for resuming will depend on options selected in the F1, General Settings screen.
The Door Sensor can be Mechanical, Optical or a proximity sensor but must show Logic Low when the door is closed or High when the Door is open.
If the Sensor logic is reversed you can invert the input by selecting and pressing the Space Bar
The Door sensor is optional on MASSO G3 and MASSO Touch but a Door Sensor must be assigned in MASSO G2 even if not used.
On the Masso G2 a Door sensor input must be assigned even if there is no door on your machine. If you do not have a door then assign a spare input as a Door sensor input and set the logic to show low. This will effectively disable the door alarm.
Wiring the Door Sensor
Resuming Machining after Door is opened
- If Enable Cycle Start on Door Close is not enabled the operator will need to press the Cycle Start button after closing the door to Resume machining. This will Automatically restart the Spindle and Coolant.
- If Enable Cycle Start on Door Close the machine will restart the spindle, Coolant and machining when the door is closed.
- Cycle Start on Door Close will be temporarily suspended under the following circumstances.
- A new program has been loaded or the Rewind button is pressed and the operator has not yet pressed cycles start. This prevents the machine starting after a program is loaded and the door is closed before the machine is set up correctly.
- If Feed hold is used before or after opening the door the Cycle Start button must to be used after closing the door to resume machining. Cycle Start on Door close will resume normal operation next time the door is opened.
- If the machine is Jogged while the Door is opened the Cycle Start button must be used after closing the door to resume machining. Each press of the Cycle start will jog an axis back to it's original location starting with the X then Y then Z axis before the spindle & coolant starts and machining resumes. Cycle Start on Door close will resume normal operation next time the door is opened.