MASSO provides 0~10v, PWM and STEP/DIR control signals to control a variety of VFD and DC spindle and Servo or stepper drives
In the Spindle Settings window the mode of spindle control can be selected. Further, Spin UP and Spin DOWN delay values can be added. The spindle delay values pauses the machine on spindle ON and OFF commands for the spindle to get to the required RPM.
INFORMATION: PWM frequency on the MASSO can be set between 4 kHz to 65 kHz.
INFORMATION: When running in PWM mode MASSO outputs Uni-polar PWM signals.
Stepper motor / Servo as a spindle
- The Step and direction mode outputs are Common GND signals.
- Spindle Control Pin 2: Step
- Spindle Control Pin 3: Direction
- Minimum Step rate 500 pulses per second or 150rpm if using a 200 step per revolution motor with micro step rate of 1.
- Maximum pulse rate: 25000 pulses per second or 7500rpm if using a 200 step per revolution motor with micro step rate of 1.
- Increasing the micro step on your motor drive will reduce both the minimum and maximum spindle speed.
- If the requested speed is below the minimum speed, the spindle will run at the minimum speed of 500 pulses per second.
- If the requested speed is above the maximum speed, the spindle will run at the maximum speed of 25000 pulses per second.
For information on wiring of the spindle control to your VFD please see our Spindle VFD examples page.