Does MASSO include a built in THC?
- There is no built in THC within MASSO however you can connect one.
- MASSO uses any THC that outputs UP / Down and Arc OK signals such as the Proma150 or Price AVHC
- Please see our documentation on how THC works.
Does MASSO supply an THC to use with MASSO?
In the future, we will be adding a MASSO THC to the MASSO range, designed specifically to work with the MASSO CNC controller. At present, there is no scheduled release date.
Can I use Third party THC’s with MASSO?
MASSO uses any THC’s that outputs UP / Down and Arc OK signals such as the Proma150 or Price AVHC, any system able to provide these signals can be used with MASSO.
How do I turn on the Plasma with MASSO?
Please read our How THC works which details the connection process https://docs.masso.com.au/wiring-and-setup/plasma-torch-height-control/how-thc-works
What equipment do I need to convert / Build my CNC machine?
To establish your requirements you need to do an inventory of what your machine currently has that you can reuse and what you would like to add.
Example of basic Plasma requirements
- MASSO, Keyboard, Monitor and mouse or a MASSO Touch
- USB Flash drive
- Power supply for MASSO
- Motor drives using step and direction signaling
- Power Supply for motor drives
- Homing sensors, one for each axis
- MASSO relay board used for Turning Plasma on and off, external Estop to motor drives, Tower lights, etc.
- Plasma source
Please see these pages for additional information.